Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh my, you've got Bright Eyes...

I've been listening to so much of Connor Oberst's work lately, I've been listening to him for at least a year now, but moreso of late because I've just been feeling really angsty and terrible. DON'T LET THAT PUT YOU OFF! - the man is incredible. In this post I'm not planning on offering opinions on various albums, in fact I don't think I will do that anymore. I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself. If I were someone else reading this, I wouldn't want someone else's opinion being rammed down my throat. It just seems so conceited. Anyway, I will list the albums that I've loved:

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning by Bright Eyes
Letting Off The Happiness by Bright Eyes
Read Music/Speak Spanish by Desaparecidos

I love the confessional nature of his music, it's like he can just completely unfold and let loose with his music being his medium. Maybe my great interest in him is because I can relate, but I don't want to get all touchy and emotional 'bout it.

Oh, and as a side note - you need to make up your own opinion; that's why I'm no longer 'reviewing' or what not. My opinion is my opinion, nobody else's. With that being said, I doubt anyone actually cares what I think, but yeah, just check him (and the others that I post) out.


No comments:

Post a Comment