Thursday, March 18, 2010

Few new bands.

School work has been monumental of late, so here's a quick little summary of what I've been listening to.


La fine non è la fine by La Quiete - Fantastic screamo/emo violence band from Italy. It seems that Italy has a thriving screamo scene, which functions as a breath of fresh air into a stale genre, dominated by Bring Me the Horizon type bands. Even though I could not understand a word of it, it was a great experience.


Carry Me Home by Loss of a Child: Amazing to say the least. It's hard to quantify down to a specific genre, but more or less post-rock with pronounced math rock and classical influences. I really loved this album. It is entirely instrumental, so if you like that kind of thing, I advise you strongly to check them out. Another cool thing about them is that all of their releases are under Creative Commons, meaning you can download them for free and its perfectly legal. Here's a link:



Blue Record - Baroness: I discovered this band by complete chance - by planning to attend Soundwave (and of course, not going). Perhaps this offsets all my disappointment from missing an amazing lineup. It's really hard for me to find a sludge metal band that I can take an instant liking to, but Baroness have done it with pounding riffs, wails and screams that put my pretentious nature to shame. Great album.

I'm going to two local gigs this weekend, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment